Ah! Blessed relief! The heatwave in Southern California is over! For now, anyways.
OK. There’s this event that I want to go to called The New England Webcomics Weekend in western Massachusetts. It’s a two-day kind of seminar/workshop/networking thing for cartoonists that publish their work solely on the web. The very first one was last year and the next one is coming up in early November. I want to go to it, but I can’t afford it. The main hurdle is travel, since I live on the West Coast and people will be flocking to New England at that time of year because of the falling of the leaves. Thus, the airfares are very high. I have yet to figure out a way to make this happen.
All this is my long-winded way of saying that I’m accepting commissions for sketches. Here are the particulars:
- I will not do nudity. Neither will I draw nudity. ðŸ˜‰
- The pieces will be on Bristol board, 8.5″ x 11″ in black India Ink. A border will kept to make the piece suitable for framing.
- Black-and-white illustrations: $20.00 per character
- Color (using colored pencils): $40.00 per character
- No crowd scenes (i.e.”I want you to draw the entire roster of the Legion of Super-Heroes fighting the entire roster of the Avengers”). Maximum number of characters will be three per illustration.
Payment will be via Paypal, and I will send you a scan of the preliminary sketch for your approval prior to inking.
Thanks, folks. If you have any questions, shoot me an email at rob(at)meatshield(dot)net.
See you on Wednesday!