They got their matching robes at Blue Hand Troll’s House of Stuff and Things. Hmm, haven’t heard from Blue in a while…
In a little under three weeks, I will be leaving California for the Lone Star State. While I’m not maudlin about leaving LA, there are some things about Southern California that I will miss (other than friends and family):
- No or very little humidity in the summer.
- Cool evenings even in the middle of summer.
- KTLA Morning News and KCRW’s Morning Becomes Eclectic. I know I can watch/listen to them online, but it’s not the same.
- Being less than an hour away from the Pacific Ocean.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers. I’m a third-generation Dodger fan who’s moving to Texas Rangers Country. However, I have no problem rooting for the Rangers since they are American League and the Dodgers are National League. The odds of the two of them facing off in the World Series is so remote as to be laughable. However, if it does come down that, Go Big Blue!
Things I’m looking forward to in Texas:
- Whataburger, Taco Cabana, Texas Land and Cattle (Texas’ answer to Black Angus), and Texadelphia.
- HEB Central Market
- The State Fair of Texas
- Half-Price Books
- No state income tax
- People who are friendly on the street, even if they don’t know you from Adam.
I’m sure there’s more to add to both lists, I just can’t think of any more.
19 days and counting…